I am a film editor, intermedia artist, and composer. I specialise in post-production film, creative music technology, digital music composition, and audio-visual interactive media. I am currently based in Oslo, Norway.
I have post-production experience in feature film and television including assistant editor and casting director of the BBC comedy series The Young Offenders (2018), assistant editor and voiceover recordist on the award-winning feature The Young Offenders (2016), in addition to composition, post-production and sound mixing for national advertising campaigns including Fáilte Ireland (Irish Tourism Board), TV3, and Focus Ireland. As director, content-writer, cameraman, and editor, I have worked with the Institute of Popular Music, University of Liverpool (UK), and University College Cork (IE) on research documentaries, online video courses/MOOCs, and promotional videos.
I was the winner of the People’s Choice Award & Judges Panel Award at Cork Photo Festival 2016, and have had compositions premiered at the National Concert Hall, Dublin, the Irish Film Institute, International Computer Music Conference (Athens), the Bluecoat (Liverpool), and York New Music Festival (UK). Recent intermedia exhibitions have shown at the Brighton Photo Fringe (UK) and the Crawford Art Gallery, Cork (IE).
I was awarded a PhD in music composition from the National University of Ireland, supervised by Dr Jeffrey Weeter (Fire & Ice, Lavamatic) and John Godfrey (Crash Ensemble, Quiet Music Ensemble), with external examination by Robert Henke (Monolake, Ableton Live) and Professor Mel Mercier. Before this, I studied music composition under Dr Jesse Ronneau, and music technology with Dave Tomlinson (Magazine, Visage, Strongroom Recording Studios) at the University of Hull (UK).
I am a lecturer and research affiliate with University College Cork (IE), teaching creative music technology practices and composing with visual programming languages.
Select Performances & Commissions
- Melba & the Natives | Mixed media solo exhibition | As part of Cork Photo Festival | Cork, Ireland
- Melba & the Natives | Mixed media exhibition | As part of Brighton Photo Fringe | Brighton, UK
- yvonne | Commissioned by Perceptions 2016: The Art of Citizenship | Screened at Crawford Art Gallery | Cork, Ireland
- isteach | Commissioned by Perceptions 2016: The Art of Citizenship | Screened at Crawford Art Gallery | Cork, Ireland
- The Box | C.A.V.E (Cork Audio Visual Ensemble) | Invited performance at ICMC (International Computer Music Conference) | Athens, Greece
- POP OUT | C.A.V.E (Cork Audio Visual Ensemble) | Commissioned by Sonic Vigil 8 | The National Sculpture Factory | Cork, Ireland
- The Box | C.A.V.E (Cork Audio Visual Ensemble) | Commissioned by FUAIM Music at UCC | Premiere performance at FUAIM Festival | The Half Moon | Cork, Ireland
- maliita | Screened at Fractal Music Dublin Recital in Association with ATRL | ATRL (Arts Technology Research Lab) | Dublin, Ireland
- maliita | Commissioned by Fractal Music Dublin | Premiered at Synthesis III | Irish Film Institute | Dublin, Ireland
- am arís | Showcased at Culture Night 2013 | Contemporary Music Centre | Dublin, Ireland
- am arís | Commissioned by Deep Hedonia | Premiered at SPACE/SOUND Quadrasonic Environments | The Bluecoat | Liverpool, UK
- Laika | Screened at York Spring Festival of New Music | York, UK
- Exigere Ecologies | Installation at Weaponising Speculation Exhibition | D.U.S.T (Dublin Unit for Speculative Thought) | BLOCKT | Dublin, Ireland
- Little thing Big thing | Premiered at the UCC Fleischmann Competition | School of Music & Theatre, UCC | Cork, Ireland
- Untitled for Zaum | Premiered at Spy in the Stack | Stack Theatre | Cork, Ireland
- Casio | Premiered at Zaum | The Quad | Cork, Ireland